Ingredients: (4 servings)
- 150g polenta
- 600ml water
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 2 tsp dried Italian herbs
- 2 tsp dried rosemary
- 2 tsp dried organo
- 1/2 tsp salt to taste
- Pinch of pepper
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- Add the vegetable stock cube and water to a medium sized pot and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling turn the heat right down to a simmer, then very slowly add the polenta - stirring constantly.
- Add in the dried herbs and salt and pepper.
- When the polenta is a thick consistency take off the heat.
- Add the mixture to a square bottom tin, spread out evenly and let cool. Once cool place the mix in the fridge for an hour firm up.
- Once the polenta is firm and completely set, take out of the fridge. Remove from the tin and cut them in to thin fries.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C / gas mark 4.
- Place the fries on a baking tray and brush with oil.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
Serve with a sprinkling of rock salt, and a spicy tomato sauce dip.