This super easy and quick recipe is great for any celebration, or as a delicious gift.
For the cakes:
- 1 cup unsweetened soy milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 rapeseed oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Vegan salted caramel and chocolate icing
1. Preheat oven to 200c
2. In a large bowl whisk soy milk and lemon juice. Add the sugar, oil, vanilla and whisk until foamy.
3. In a separate bowl sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
4. Add the wet ingrdients to the dry ingredients and beat until no large lumps remin (a few small ones are fine)
5. Pour the mixture into liners, only 1/2 the way up.
6. Bake for 18-20 mins. Transfer to a cooling rack and let cool completely.
7. Pipe the icing onto the top of the cupcakes, in whatever design you wish!
Show us your creative designs by tagging us @dishonorlondon