- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup crushed almonds
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 chia eggs
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup cranberries or raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped walnut or brazil nuts
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
3. To start, make the chia eggs. In a small bowl whisk together 6 tablespoons of water with 2 tablespoons of chia seeds. Set aside for 10 minutes until the mixture becomes thick and gelatinous.
4. In a medium bowl combine oats, crushed almonds, shredded coconut, cinnamon, baking powder and soda, and salt.
5. In a small bowl combine chia eggs, coconut oil, peanut butter, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Add the wet ingredients to dry and stir to combine.
6. Fold in pumpkin seeds, cranberries or raisins, walnuts or brazil nuts.
7. With a table spoon scoop the dough into a ball and place on a baking sheet. Repeat until dough is gone. Press down lightly and bake for 12-15 minutes until lightly browned.
8. Remove from oven and let cookies cool for 10 minutes.