Fluffy Vegan Scones
Spoil a loved one by treating them to these deliciously light and fluffy scones - we made them plain, however you could switch up the recipe by adding some dried fruit, cherries or even vegan cheese ... perfect for an Afternoon Tea!
Ingredients. Makes 8 scones
- 375g self raising flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 112g vegan butter
- 4 tbsp caster sugar
- 180ml soy milk (plus more for brushing the tops)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 220c
- Sift the flour innate a mixing bowl, add salt and baking powder
- Add the vegan butter and rub in with your fingers until the mix is crumbly
- Add the caster sugar
- Add the soy milk, vanilla extract and lemon juice and mix with a spoon
- Flour your work surface. Move the mix out of the bowl and roll with your hands into a big ball. Add more flour if necessary if the mix is still sticky
- Flatten it out evenly so there is space to cut your scones
- Dip your cutter into flour and then cut out your scones, place them on the parchment lined baking tray
- Roll the remaining dough so you can cut more scones out, then repeat, the mix should make around 8 scones.
- Brush the tops of the scones with soy milk
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 mins until golden on top
Serve with your favourite flavoured jam and a smooth coconut cream... you decide which one goes on first!!