A Vegan alternative to a hearty British classic dish. Let your favourite vegan sausages be the star of this .....
TOAD IN THE HOLE:
- 260g self-raising flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 480ml soy milk
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 6-8 vegan sausages
- Pre-heat oven to 210 c
- Place the vegan sausages on a baking tray and cook for 15 mins
- While they cook, mix the flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl and mix well
- Then whisk in the soy milk
- Pour the wet mix into a large non stick deep (2 inch) oven dish. Remove the sausages from the oven after 15 mins and push into the wet batter mix.
- Place the dish back in the oven for 30 mins.
- Remove from the oven once the toad in the hole has risen and is golden and crisp.
Serve with an onion or red wine gravy, and your favourite green vegetables. Perfect for your guests, vegan or not!!