A perfect winter warmer this golden soup is a treat for the taste buds and a great alternative to your classic vegetable.
The most eaten squash in the UK, the butternut provides a hearty and subtle flavour and is considered a cold weather superfood due to its abundant source of vitamins, including Vitamin C and Vitamin E.
We have added the super tasty root vegetable the sweet potato to add a balance and sweetness to the soup. These tuberous roots contain fibre and antioxidants that promote the growth of good gut bacteria and contribute to a healthy gut.
(Makes 4-6 servings)
2 cloves garlic
200g sweet potato
200g butternut squash
1 200g can chickpeas
1/2 tsp salt
1 veg stock cube
1 tsp mixed herbs
Coriander to serve (optional)
- Peel the sweet potatoes and chop into cubes. Chop the butternut squash and carrot into roughly the same size cubes.
- Finely dice the shallots and garlic. Heat a little oil in a large pot and add the onion with a pinch of salt. Cook for 2-3mins, then add the garlic. Cook for a further minute.
- Add the chopped carrots, sweet potato and butternut to the pot. Let it all cook for a few mins on a low heat.
- Dice the ginger and add to the pot with salt and paprika. Dissolve veg stock cube into 750ml of hot water, stir, then add to the pot.
- Drain the chickpeas and add to the pot. Cover the pot and bring the heat down and simmer for 45mins or until the ingredient soften.
- Once all ingrediance are soft, turn off the heat and let the pot cool.
- Once cooled add to the blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve and top with fresh coriander and cracked black pepper - Enjoy!
Enjoy our recipes? Tag us on social and look out for more recipes coming soon at @dishonorlondon